Friday, February 3, 2012

Knotted T-shirt Scarf



T-shirt scarves are all over the place - and they are one of the simplest refashions. No sewing, no rules. 

Laura posted her latest creation here and it is darling! I'm posting two I've made in the past which feature knotted portions as the centerpiece as further inspiration for you to be creative with your old, unworn t-shirts out there!

Here's how I fashioned mine:

The red one I made by weaving strands of the scarf together much the same way you would with those classic potholder looms. 

The blue one has a wrapped flower center. This is simple enough to do:  Just take an extra scrap from the part of the t-shirt you did not use for your scarf and start wrapping and twisting it into a circle, using hot glue every now and again to hold it together. I hot glued it onto one of the ruffled strands and position in the center of my knot when I style it around my neck.

For instructions on how to make a basic necklace scarf, check out ette studios' great tutorial. Then - have fun making them your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment