Saturday, May 12, 2012

Orange-Zucchini Loaf with Orange Glaze

I LOVE zucchini bread! My inspiration for this recipe can be found here. I chose orange instead of lemon - just because. The use of wheat flour and applesauce make this a healthier loaf than the original. I knocked off about 100 calories and 11g of fat per slice! The texture of this bread is almost like that of a pound cake.

  • 1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 c. whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • Juice of 1 orange (or 2 Tablespoons orange juice)
  • Zest of 2 oranges
  • 1 cup grated zucchini
Please go to NancyCreative for directions! I followed what she did there.


10 slices
168 calories
1.2g fat
34g carbs
4.3g protein





No comments:

Post a Comment