Monday, October 15, 2012

Scooby Doo- Where Are You?

 One of my husband's imaginary friends as a child was Daphne - from Scooby-Doo .:) So it is only fitting that our daughter be her for Halloween - especially since it's her dada's favorite holiday and this is probably the last year we will be able to pick her costume. 

 I re-sized a small women's long sleeve t-shirt (from Goodwill for $1.75) to a 2T dress. For the light purple I used and old t-shirt of mine! The bottom of the dress was the bottom hem of my shirt and the ends of her sleeves were cut from the neck of the shirt - giving the edges a finished look that I didn't have to sew! The light green scarf was cut from one of my daughter's old shirts. 

Bonus! The dress doesn't scream costume, so she has a new outfit to wear.

Not bad for $1.75!




No comments:

Post a Comment