Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reusable Snack Bag











Every time we go on a long car trip, I pack each child a 'snack bag'. It ends up being some combination of whatever sweet and/or salty things I have on hand. However, I hate pulling out baggies only to end up with a backseat full of empty ones that end up in the trash.

Enter in the vinyl place mats I found at garage sale last summer that I fell for but I knew did not match our dining room AT ALL. I knew I'd find some cool new purpose for them. 

This is about as easy a sewing project as it gets. I folded up one end and stitched up each side. Mine already had the angled edges, which I thought would mean escaping pretzels and whatnot, so I sewed up the angle a bit (see picture above).

Then I hand sewed a button and made a slit which I hand serged (but hey, vinyl doesn't fray).

Voila! Washable, reusable snack bags.



1 comment:

  1. Good idea! Now I'm going to be on the look-out for cheap vinyl place mats!

    ReplyDelete